Saturday, March 19, 2011

i hurt my husband's feelings...

a few weekends ago i cleaned out my closet...after i had cleaned it out i reorganized it.  it is no surprise to most all of my friends and family that i absolutely love george michael.  my room when i was a teenager was a shrine to him...i had all of his cassettes (yes i know that this is showing you how old i am) i had an entire wall of posters of him.  like i said i had a shrine to him.

leap ahead many, many, many years...george michael was in concert in atlanta and i bought myself tickets to go...well one of my besties was going to go with me for the concert and we were going to have a girls weekend, but my husband decided at the last minute that he wanted to go with me....now he does not particularly care for george michael.  anyway, we drove over to atlanta, and thanks to my wonderful george michael selection on my ipod we enjoyed his music all the way there!  we got to atlanta and checked into our room, grabbed a bite to eat and headed down to the georgia dome to see the one and only george michael.  when we got to the georgia dome, we found out that there was a problem with my tickets, after going here and there and finally getting things worked out it ended up that we were right there beside the stage! 


i was super excited!  it was an awesome concert!  my husband found some other husbands to commiserate with whose wife's were squealing like teenagers over george.  hubs actually said he had lots of fun watching me and the other wives acting like silly school girls!  i had a blast and danced, danced, danced.  it also seems that in my happy clapping and dancing, that i lost a diamond or two out of my wedding set. 

while i lost a diamond or two from my wedding set, i left with some souvenirs, a tshirt and program.  the program is filled with pictures of george throughout his career and on the back of the program is a picture of george...

fast forward to this week.  hubs was in our bedroom while i was getting ready and looked in my closet...well i had placed the program on top of my dresser and it was facing out with george's picture...hubs says that hurts my feelings you look at him everyday!


so why does my having this program with his picture on it in my closet hurt my husband's feelings?  i turned the program around as not to have george looking at me when i am getting ready to make my hubs feel better.  while i still have a crush on george (yes i know he is gay!) i love absolutely love and adore my husband.  god has blessed me with the most wonderful husband on the planet ever! 

2 comments:

  1. Cassettes? HA! You are a mere child- I listened to 8 tracks. LOL So glad you had a great time! Sorry about the diamonds though.

    ReplyDelete

married for

Daisypath Anniversary tickers