Wednesday, April 18, 2012

it's time for a hodgepodge!

it's wednesday and time to link up with joyce over at from this side of the pond


1. Spring is in the air (at least in my neck of the woods) and the birds are singing...what's your favorite bird?
birds....ack!  i don't like birds of any sorts.  they scare me.  and seriously, i had a friend tweet that crows recognize faces...just another reason to shy away from them, no need to ask for an attack!

2. Speaking of birds...do you tweet? If so tell us your screen name and we'll come flocking to your Twitter site. Even if you don't let's all pretend here that we do-in 140 characters or less, sum up your week so far.
i love twitter!  no surprise, my screen name is @bluedotmom  my tweets are protected, but if you want to follow me let me know you read my blog.
to sum up my week so far: chaotic, busy, lists with lists, feeling full of hope and thankfulness!

3. Its been reported recently that employers are not only viewing the facebook pages of potential hires but they're also requesting your facebook password to have a look at what you've kept from public view. What say you?
absolutely not!  that is a violation on many different levels.  i have read articles about companies requiring people at interviews to log into their facebook account and let the interviewer or a company representative peruse the interviewees account.  now, while saying i don't think they should have access to your personal account, i do think people should grow up and realize that anything they put online that you wouldn't want to stand up and tell the entire public.  people in general need to use a filter, ie we don't need to know everything you are doing, done or are going to do, much less see all of your personal business.  

4. It's April and you know what that means-Major League Baseball is back in action. What's your favorite baseball movie? If that's too hard, what's your favorite sports themed movie?
field of dreams is hands down my favorite baseball movie!

5. Something else this season brings-asparagus. Yes please or no thanks? If it's yes please what's your favorite way to have it prepared?
why yes please!  i love asparagus.  my favorite way to prepare it is to saute it in olive oil with garlic and pepper!

6. What drives you? (Don't you love how I sandwiched that one in between asparagus and jugglers???)
joyce, you are killin' me!  because of my smartassediness (yes it is one of my made up words) literally,  a chrysler pacifica!  figuratively i would have to say that it is the new journey i am on.  if you had asked me this question just 3 months ago, i probably would have said my family, and trying to be everything and give everything to make them happy.  now, while i still want them to be happy, i realize that their happiness is just that 'theirs' and that i can only control me.  

7. April 18th is International Jugglers Day...can you juggle?
well i can throw things up in the air and can actually catch them, but i wouldn't call it juggling!

8. Insert your own random thought here.
i'm feeling a little sad...my baby boy will be graduating from high school in a few short weeks...i can't believe how incredibly fast the time has flown by.  i am so proud of that young man! 

hope y'all are having a splendid week,


4 comments:

  1. High school graduation is a bittersweet time for moms especially. My youngest is graduating from university next month and I am wondering exactly how that happened. I feel like we were just wrapping up highschool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your juggling answer had me giggling. Congrats to your son on his graduation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your answer to the "what drives you" question!

    Congratulations on your son's upcoming graduation! I remember those days, and it was a time of mixed emotions. I was relieved to see them finish high school--but also hated to see them take the next big step, out into the great big world!

    I'm having trouble leaving you a comment under my main blog (http://www.edshunnybunny.wordpress.com - where today's Hodgepodge is, so I'm commenting under my 2nd blog URL Hope this doesn't leave you confused...(Kathy)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean; my nieces, who I had a hand in raising after their Mom passed, will graduated this year too! I'm so proud and so excited for them as they move on to college in the fall. I did scrapbooks for each of them for a graduation gift and it brings back so many memories.

    We could definitely watch movies together with a big plate of asparagus - we share a favorite preparation too!

    ReplyDelete

married for

Daisypath Anniversary tickers