Friday, January 28, 2011

moochers drive me crazy which cause me to question facebook etiquette

do you have a moocher in your life?  i have been sucked in and helped the moocher more times than i care to remember and finally said enough! so i have an acquaintance who is a moocher...they are a friend on facebook so i see them mooching off of other people all the time.... well i used to see it before i blocked them from appearing in my status feeds. but now they have other people requesting help for the moocher so that is how i know about it...

so why can't i just de-friend the moocher?  i mean i really could care less what is going on with them...well that sort of describes a lot of people in my friend list.  i have set up privacy groups in my facebook so i really only have a select few 'friends' who can actually see anything about me....everyone else thinks i am never on facebook because they can't see my status updates, pictures, information, etc.  so why don't i just de-friend them all?


i think what it boils down to is i don't want to hurt any one's feelings...why should i care if their feelings are hurt?  i am a good southern girl who has spent her entire life trying to make everyone happy and a majority of that time has been to my detriment.

i started this year with the goal of simplifying my life and i think this is a big area that needs to be simplified.  i need to clean out my friends list and really only have true 'friends' in my friend list on facebook.  i need to simplify my life by asking myself the question what do i want and listening to my answer instead of worrying about how my action will make someone else react.

am i the only one who is this way?  well my weekend plans include purging my facebook friends list and cleaning house!


have a great weekend y'all

1 comment:

  1. Oh, yes, I am familiar with the southern girl trying to make everyone happy...so glad I am outgrowing this--to a degree. With age comes liberation! Even for a southern gal, like me! LOL

    ReplyDelete

married for

Daisypath Anniversary tickers