Friday, March 30, 2012

i'm fluent in sarcasm and why i might not update facebook anymore

i have told y'all before that i speak fluent sarcasm.  it is not so much a gift as it is a coping mechanism.  so yesterday i had to take bluedotteen to the pediatrician.  it wasn't anything serious.  the day before there had been some horse play on the senior patio. he and some other 17/18 year old boys, being boys, were throwing full water bottles at each other.  unfortunately for bluedotteen, he was the recipient of a full force thrown water bottle to his right ear.  we just needed to have it checked out because of the swelling and bruising.  anyway....so i posted a status update/check-in:


i posted this after we had seen the dr and knew all was well.  so a family member (i'm not naming names, however it is likely you will figure out who it is!) called my husband another family member to send word to me not to post things on facebook until i had notified her first.  y'all that burned me up!

facebook isn't my preferred social media.  my social media favorite is twitter, followed by pinterest and facebook at the end.  i have had several conversations with friends who never post anything on facebook because of the negative responses from others.  i have had my fair share of those too...i'm torn!

besides can someones ear actually be amputated?

1 comment:

  1. I totally howled when I saw your update-FTR. Sounded exactly like something I would say to or about my 4 yr old. I'm pretty sure we speak the same dialect of sarcasm. ;)

    ReplyDelete

married for

Daisypath Anniversary tickers