Wednesday, December 8, 2010

wednesday hodgepodge

happy wednesday!  guess what that means, it is wednesday hodgepodge over at from this side of the pond.   ok here are my answers to this weeks questions!

1. have you ever been on a real sleigh ride? how about the warm weather version - a carriage ride? i am an alabama girl, so no to the sleigh ride...but have been on a carriage ride.

2. what's your policy on 'chain mail'...you know, the emails you receive that are often some sort of poem/blessing/good wish that ask you to send it on to 10 or 12 friends? do you delete without opening, read and trash, read and trash and then worry you won't be blessed/lucky/protected? do you delete the sender from your contacts or just go ahead and send the love onward? being as busy as i am now, half the time i don't even read them.  i just delete them...so far i haven't fallen victim to the mishaps that i have been warned against.


3. who is your favorite character in any of the christmas movies and why? this question is hard for me to decide...i have 2 favorite christmas movie characters:

  • buddy the elf  -- the innocence of being child like
  • clark griswald -- all he wants is to have a perfect christmas

4. share a favorite quote. another hard one, but i will limit it to 2 for christmas...

  • elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup. --buddy the elf
  • can i refill your eggnog for you? get you something to eat? drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead? -- clark griswald, christmas vacation to cousin eddie

5. what's your favorite holiday scent? i love the smell of christmas, cinnamon, sugar cookies, pine...the whole bunch of it!

6. does the christmas season stress you out? in what way? yes it stresses me out!  decorating, shopping, elf shenanigans, party planning, party going...what it boils down to is being too busy.  this year, my house has not been decorated yet, and i am slowly shopping, but my main goal is to make this as stress free as possible.  i'll have to wait until it is all over to let you know if it worked or not..so far i am still stressed!

7. what's the best thing about your life right now? my family...i am just trying to enjoy every minute with my children.  bluedotprincess is still so excited with christmas and i want to relish it, because i know it won't be long until she doesn't believe...and bluedotteen is a junior in hs and i know that things will change once he graduates and goes to college...so right now i am all about enjoying the moment!

8. insert your own random thought here. i'll give you some random facts about christmas:
  • in 1836, alabama became the 1st state in the usa to declare christmas a legal holiday
  • holly berries are poisionous
  • every person will get elbowed or pushed 3 times while christmas shopping
  • christmas trees remove dust and pollen from the air
  • the tradition of tracking santa with norad happened by accident
  • rudolph was actually created by montgomery ward in the late 1930's for a holiday promotion
  • clearing up a common misconception, in greek, x means christ. that is where the word "x-mas" comes from. not because someone took the "christ" out of christmas.

thanks to joyce over at from this side of the pond for the questions...now why don't you answer these questions and link up too!


6 comments:

  1. It seems like most of us are in the same stage of readiness for Christmas this year : )

    I love Buddy the Elf! I almost picked him for my answer....good luck with all your decorating, shopping, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great facts--although I think I've exceeded my quota on pushes and elbows. Oh, wait. Maybe I'm the one that was pushing and elbowing. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked your random facts- I had no idea that Christmas trees did that! Also, I'm glad I no longer have to take a stand against "X-Mas". Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wednesday hodgepodge questions are pretty cool. I'll have to check the site out.

    Now, I have a question about the Christmas tree removing dust and pollen from the air....i am assuming you are not talking about artificial pre-lit trees right? :P (although, it would be nice if they'd remove dust in the air from my house! if that were the case, i'd leave it up year round)

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I had to choose only one movie to watch at Christmas, it would be "It's a Wonderful life." However, I so love Buddy the Elf. My favorite line right now would have to be "It's Santa. I know him." LOL I don't do chain mail. I have been sledding! (I know - it's different) and I am thankful that God is in control of my life and that He is better at it than I am!

    Loved your post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks y'all for the comments! D- I'd leave my tree up year round too if it did that, but I don't think the artificial trees work like that, ha! Thanks for reading the blog and again for the comments!

    ReplyDelete

married for

Daisypath Anniversary tickers