Wednesday, October 19, 2011

hodgepodge time!

it is wednesday and i am linking up with joyce at from this side of the pond for wednesday hodgepodge.




1. How do you typically react in a sudden, extreme, pressure-filled crisis? Would we want you nearby in an emergency?
i have the ability to remain calm and do whatever necessary during a crisis.  i actually work well under lots of pressure.  however, once the event is done, get ready for some water works as i will have a complete breakdown, think of all the what-if's, etc...

2. Caramel apple-caramel sundae-caramel corn-caramel macchiato...of the four, which carmel treat would you choose?
NONE...i detest caramel!  i live in a family of caramel loving fools, so i make things they like, but never eat it, yuck!

3. Is there such a thing as destiny? Explain.
that is tricky!  i think we can change the course of our lives at any moment.  each action has a reaction, so whatever choice we make leads us to one destiny or another.  i am very thankful that God gave us free will to make our own decisions, however hard making the right decisions are!

4. What's your favorite piece of furniture? I'm referring to something currently in your possession as opposed to something on your wish list.
my bed!  several years ago we invested in an awesome bedroom suite and mattress/box springs.  it feels like i am sleeping on a cloud....i miss it right now, because it is in storage as we do some work at my parents house before we can move it in...oh how i miss my bed.  i think i will go by the mini storage this afternoon just to give it a squeeze and tell it how much i miss it!

5. Wednesday night marks the start of the 2011 Baseball World Series. Did you know? Do you care? Will you be watching? Ever been to a professional baseball game? If you're not an American do you find the title 'World Series' annoying or amusing? 
i knew the world series was coming up....not a huge baseball fan.  i have been to several professional baseball games.  frankly, they bore me!  i am a football/basketball lover!  i think baseball moves to slow and the games are too long. i will watch it for my husband who likes baseball though.

6. A sound that takes me back to my childhood is____________.
quite nature...we lived in the country and the sound of birds, insects, frogs, etc without the sound of cars, planes...it was pure heaven!

7. On average, once you've linked your hodgepodge post to mine how many other participant blogs do you visit? Do you ever come back to the Hodgepodge later in the day or even the day after to read posts?
i try to look at all the links that are posted when i link up...if it is an extremely busy day, it may the weekend before i can go back and look at the links.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
saw this on pinterest and had to share it as my randomness!

happy wednesday y'all,

7 comments:

  1. Our answers were similar on the destiny question. And, I had to laugh with the random graphic. That's me!

    Check out some of my posts...
    Wednesday Hodgepodge
    Chit Chat On Patrice’s Farmhouse Porch
    Wayback Wednesdays…1995

    Have a good day!
    Cathy Kennedy, Children’s Author
    The Tale of Ole Green Eyes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment on my hodgepodge post :) It makes me happy when someone new leaves a comment! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your random thought/sign !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your childhood memories sound wonderful. I know I felt that at my parents summer home but I was already an adult. Sorry you don't like caramel.
    No baseball for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola! Thanks for your very kind words on my blog today!! I enjoyed reading your answers1 I especially love your random thought!! I'm pretty random myself, so I really appreciated this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such kind words! Your childhood memories sound like absolute heaven - I grew up in Los Angeles, so not so many nature sounds for me... and your random thought is awesome! Just might have to steal that one! :-) have a great day - Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super....I enjoyed your hodgepodge. Loved your random thought share...and your childhood memories. How sublime. {{{sigh}}}

    Thanks for stopping by to visit.

    My post today is: Friday's Fragments

    ReplyDelete

married for

Daisypath Anniversary tickers