Tuesday, April 5, 2011

if i die my family will starve to death and never find anything!

i am in a bit of mourning...my laptop has quit working... you turn it on and nothing happens except the on light stays on...i had a bit of a come apart about the laptop, but it wasn't really about the laptop.  i don't know if other mother's experience this, but in the bluedothouse it belongs to bluedotmom it is everyone's no need to ask, if bluedotmom has the door closed that means nothing, just come on in, if bluedotmom is asleep no matter the time of day or night wake her up for whatever random question needs to be asked especially if it is about an item that does not belong to bluedotmom that has been lost or misplaced, because bluedotmom knows where everything is, if bluedotmom is on the telephone that means scream and yell and act like a bunch of hooligans.. hope that gives you the gist.

i have been feeling rather unappreciated and disrespected.  on saturday morning bluedotdad wakes me up to tell me they are hungry and we don't have anything for breakfast...so i am frustrated that he being a grown man cannot handle breakfast for our family.  i responded by getting out of bed in my pjs, putting on my flip flops, grabbing my cell phone, car keys and wallet and heading to mcdonald's.  bluedotdad calls me about 5 minutes later and says where are you at i was talking to you and i can't find you?  i tell him they were hungry and undoubtedly without me they would all surely starve to death!  then he has the nerve to ask me to go to starbucks to pick him up a coffee! (i am sure i am not the first person to go through a drive thru in their pajama's, please don't judge me...)

on saturday evening, i went to turn on my laptop to check facebook and it wouldn't turn on.  bluedotprincess had been playing on it earlier that morning after bluedotdad had been on bluedotmom's laptop...  bluedotprincess told bluedotdad that mom's computer quit working but no one tried to see what was wrong with it, they just left it out.  i am of the old school that if something does not belong to you you should ask the person it belongs to if you may use that item.

now, fast forward to sunday morning, it was a beautiful day...i helped bluedotprincess get completely ready, hair brushed, shoes on, teeth brushed, after breakfast.  i said to bluedotdad, today i do not want to be walked in on while i am undressing, getting in the bath tub, am showering, getting out of the bathtub, drying off, putting on my makeup, fixing my hair or getting dressed.  now you may wondering why i went into so much detail about all of the steps of my getting ready....you have not lived with my family or  you would know the answer.  if you do not specifically say it then it wasn't expected when it happened.

even after all of the instructions, i am in my closet picking out my clothes, when bluedotdad calls my name from the hallway, i tell him to go away and leave me alone!  he calls my name again and walks into our bedroom, where again i tell him to leave!  he says well i just wanted to tell you i love you and give you a hug...don't say awwww....he is holding 2 different pairs of socks.  he wanted me to decide which pair he should wear.  i told him he was a big boy and could make that decision and to get out!  then he proceeds to send bluedotprincess up to ask me some ridiculous question...

do other houses work the same as ours or do i live with a bunch of crazy people?

2 comments:

  1. I really feel that I made the wrong decision as to which socks to wear on Sunday morning...if only you cared enough to provide input... :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, you pretty much described the way our family worked when the girls were still home. Now,freedom! Empty Nest = FREEDOM. But, until then, more of the same.

    ReplyDelete

married for

Daisypath Anniversary tickers