Wednesday, November 24, 2010

thanksgiving hodgepodge

Happy Wednesday blog world!  Today is Wednesday Hodgepodge, Thanksgiving edition over at from this side of the pond.


1. If you had known what they knew then, would you have boarded the Mayflower? hard question...I think yes, I would have boarded the Mayflower.

2. How far have you traveled on a boat and how do you feel about boats in general?  Our family went on a Disney Cruise a few years ago to the Bahama's.  It was great and I would readily do a cruise again.  Now if you mean getting on a boat like the Mayflower, with those amenities, probably not anytime soon!

3. What traditions have you kept, acquired thru marriage, and/or tossed? If you're single what are some of your family's favorite Thanksgiving traditions?  Other than getting together as a family to celebrate Thanksgiving we have no other Thanksgiving traditions.  I appreciate Thanksgiving more each year.  I am truly thankful for the opportunity to break bread and fellowship with my family.


4. What time is dinner and how many will be round your table? And what is the one side dish you cannot do without on Thanksgiving day?  We usually eat right around lunch time noonish.  Thanksgiving is not thanksgiving without the dressing!  Yummo!

5. Have you ever used a fire extinguisher? Do tell....no thank goodness.  Although when bluedotdad and I were newly married, we had this little indoor electric grill.  I decided to cook a pork steak for him for supper...the grease caught on fire and almost burned our apartment kitchen...thank goodness he was there and took care of extinguishing it for me!

6. Tell about a situation that caused you dreadful trepidation and feet dragging, only to realize later it was a true blessing.  A few weeks ago bluedotdad had a dinner party with some of his colleagues.  I hate school/work parties...let me explain.  bluedotdad and I have been married for 18 years and over that time I have been to every Christmas party, dinner party, etc...They are usually so boring and I listen to the same but different conversations and long to leave.  Well, back to a few weeks ago, we had to go to this dinner party, that I was dreading.  We get there and the hostess was so nice and showed me around her house and garden and served the best champagne.  It was the most fun dinner party, I laughed and just enjoyed the moment.  Can't wait to get together with them again!

7. Baked, sweet, mashed, hash browned or french fried...which one's your favorite? My grandmother's candied sweet potatoes are my absolute favorite!

8. Insert your own random thought here.  In reading my twitterstream, I have noticed that if you read the tweets in order it appears that my twitter friends are having a conversation.  Some make sense, some do not and some are hilarious!



There is my hodgepodge....now it is your turn to answer this weeks questions and link up with Joyce at this side of the pond.


3 comments:

  1. Love the dressing too. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, nice to meet you. Loved your answers.

    Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving! I agree... I think I appreciate this holiday more every year too!

    ReplyDelete

married for

Daisypath Anniversary tickers